Saturday, May 28, 2011

So now we give bravo stickers for gaining weight?!

Its official. I have hit a wall. I knew at some point in this journey I was going to get angry at this system and I would boil over to the point of attempting to cut someone. That day is today. I had a feeling going into today's weigh in that I wasn't going to loose anything. But thats something we say to ourselves so that when we do loose weight we can be really excited. Except for when we don't loose anything. Ugh. I would like to point out that I am a very angry, hungry person who also recently quit a bad habit not related to food, so all in all am ready to kick a baby.

So with that said having today's meeting be about adding exercise to your week made me even more heated. Add exercise??? Add exercise??? When?!?!?!?! I am working out almost every day you bastards!!! Ok sorry... I digress. At one point in the meeting we all talk about scale or non-scale victories and the leader acknowledges them with stupid stickers. (I will say when I am in a better mood I am happy to accept these stickers).

So a girl raises her hand and give this long speech about how she had a cake decorator as a friend and had a cookout, blah blah blah, then "so I am proud cause I only gained .4 pounds!" Then everyone proceeds to clap. You can tell I have past the point of no return when "so we are giving bravo stickers for gaining weight now?" comes out of my mouth. I meant this isn't Weight Gainers lady. Harsh?? Sure. But you try doing zero exercise and eat negative one healthy foods and completely turn that around and be in a good mood when you loose zero. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so to get out some of this aggression I decided to go for a a jog with my dog. Something happened!!! A very cute italian man jogged by me (shirtless of course) who I have seen before. We will call the shirtless runner Luigi, since I have no clue what his name actually is. I awkwardly oogle him since he put it out there and then, Luigi looks at me a smiles while jogging the other direction "hey i've seen you before." I laugh like a doof, "Yeah".... thats all that came out of my mouth. Since I took his statement to actually mean "I'd like to make out with you" I suppose I found it hard to reply.

Its amazing what a very attractive shirtless man will do for the soul. In fact where the hell is that book?!?! Screw chicken soup.

1 comment:

  1. Sara, I know this might sound like a cliche, but if you're working out so much, you might be losing fat and gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Also, I totally agree that the best attitude to have when you've hit a wall is to be bitter. Turn that bitterness into motivation!! I'm sure you look awesome, especially if Luigi noticed!

    Miss you!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete