Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Attack of the 40 year old man.

Ok folks its been a tough one, so I have to write cautiously as to not to let my bitterness of not losing any weight in the last month spill over into my blog. Is it working?

As I continue to jog regularly, with or without my lazy dog Olive (motivated only to run into Luigi again, see previous blog) I had a fun little encounter as I paused to put my hair up. All of the sudden I hear honking, and I look up and see two grown men sitting in a car they should have bought 20 years ago.

Exhibit A:


Let me please set the tone: I jog in Sligo Creek Park, which for those who are unfamiliar is a quiet path that runs through my neighborhood. Any time there is street close enough to the path, you certainly would not need a horn to get someones attention because it is quieter than that section in the library where you aren't even allowed to breath.

So to my confusion I look up startled, as clearly being short of breath had deprived oxygen to my brain at this point. They looked at me and began whistling and shouting. Yes. Whistling and shouting. Did I mention it was 10am on a Sunday? We are not in Ocean City, where are your manors?! So I dissolved the situation the only way I knew now. I quickly looked down at my dog and pointed at her, then with my best Oscar worthy performance I looked at her in shock and then back to the gentlemen in the tiny car, "Her?! I know she is quite the sexy beast isn't she!" My dog looked at me panting as usual with a face that can only be described as "are we done yet?", the men however were not amused at my antics and drove off at a speed which caused them to sound like their car was going to topple over the bridge as they took off.

Lesson learned? Maybe in ten more pounds I will get someone 10 years younger. This isn't my first encounter with the 40 year old man. It is a species that is still foreign to me, and while I would like to consider one for sugar daddy purposes, I don't think that realistically I can maintain that sort of lifestyle (I'm pretty sure trophy wives don't get away with wearing their chuck taylor's on a regular basis). I do realize that eventually I will have to stop using the term "you are old enough to be my father" since that would be really gross at the age of ten, and start excepting the silver foxes of the world.


But not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment