Friday, May 13, 2011

Genes and Collard Greens

Well hello everyone!

Audrey and I have been off losing so much weight we didn't have time to blog :) Okay thats not the truth, but we have been loosing weight! Rather than jinx our amazeballs progress, we will keep those numbers a secret for now... Unless of course you've been within earshot of me as I have been broadcasting my numbers the minute I step off the scale.(Sorry to those who have been subject to my constant announcement, I am clearly just in shock).

So I pondered whether or not I should try and catch you up on all the things that have happened since poor Audrey's pumpkin bread mishap. Instead I would rather just tell you about our most recent meeting. The meeting when things got real....

Yes, Audrey and I were aware that at some point during our chubby people AA meetings that someone, somewhere would stop making jokes about their need to eat poorly and in fact turn into debbie downers. Well.... it happened. I have to say I felt quite badly for the older woman who began to talk about her dislike of herself. But then.... like a ray of light someone interrupted.

"I just tell people that I get my bottom from genes and collard greens." Thank you. Thank you slightly insensitive woman with a big mouth. You have pulled me out of the suction of sadness and reminded me that I need to work on some sort of rhyme for myself. Although, genes and Popeyes just doesn't have the same ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment